Pumpkin Soup as served at Cilu Bentang Estate
These sample recipes of typical Spice Island dishes are provided by our master chef for your enjoyment. They are easy to prepare and your family will love the tasty results. What better way to explore the cuisine of Cilu Bintang Estate and wet your appetite for more?
- 1 kg pumpkin
- ½ liter water
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- snipped celery leaves & mace
Prep: 20 minutes, Chill: 20 minutes, Makes: 4 servings
- 1. Peel pumpkin. Halve lenghtwise. Remove seeds and discard. Cut pumpkin into 1.5 to 2 cm pieces.
- 2. In a large saucepan combine ½ liter water with the pumpkin pieces. Cook over medium heat 20 minutes or untill pumpkin is tender.
- 3. Transfer part of the pumpkin mixture to a blender or food prossesor bowl. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining portions, untill all of the mixture is blended.
- 4. Return the blended mixture to the sauce pan. Add the white pepper, grated nutmeg, sea salt, and cinnamon powder. Stirr untill combined.
- 5. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve while still hot garnished with celery leave and/or mace.